Many of you have been asking me how I created my flower headband and manicure from this hippie look. So I figured I’d do a quick little Do-It-Yourself post.
DIY Floral Headband:
Materials Used: Fake flowers from Michael’s, Aluminum Floral Wire, scissors
How To Do It:
1. Measure wire around your forehead and cut with about four inches to spare. Twist the extra wire around to create a headband.
2. Cut off flowers from the bouquet, making sure to leave about 2 inches of the stem.
3. Cut a piece of wire the same size as your headband and start wrapping it around, securing the stems as you go.
4. Add extra flowers and butterflies to the stems to fill up the headband.
Tips: Use rose gold wire to make the headband look more like a piece of jewelry (it’s also easier to cut then wire from a hanger). Also, when measuring, looser is better. The headband will get tighter as you add the flowers. While adding flowers I kept trying on the headband. It helps with positioning!
DIY Daisy Nails:
Nail Polish Used: Sinful Colors “Let’s Meet”, Milani “Rad Purple” and “White Canvas” nail art, OPI “Jade is the New Black” and “Panda-monium Pink”
How To Do It:
1. Paint nails with lavender.
2. Use yellow to make 1-2 polka dots on each nail.
3. Use white and purple polishes to make polka dots around the yellow to create daisies.
4. Use green polish to create short lines for the leaves.
Tip: Let your nails dry completely after each step. It may take longer but if you mess up, you can wipe off the polish with a Q-tip without having to start from the beginning.