One of my top daily reads is the Glitter Guide. They always have the most inspirational features that just make you want to sparkle. So I was beyond thrilled when they asked me to come up a New Year’s Eve Styling Session. I chose this sequin skirt from Express ($69.90) because a) I fell in love with it the minute it came down the runway 2) it looks way more expensive than it is and 3) you can never go wrong with sequins on NYE! See how I styled it over on the Glitter Guide, and check out where to buy the pieces below!
- Contrast a sparkly bottom with a crispy white shirt. Just make sure to iron or steam it before you leave for your party!
- Make a black and white outfit pop with a statement red bag and matching lip.
- A leopard coat injects a fun factor to a classic look. Drape it over your shoulders as you walk through the door.
- Choose a playful sweater with an animal motif or graphic saying. It keeps you warm and is a great conversation starter.
- Play with unexpected color combos. Pink and green adds a surprise factor!
- Always add a statement necklace for extra sparkle.
- A skirt and matching top is a great alternative to a dress for New Year’s Eve
- When wearing a crop top, only a slip of skin should show. And make sure to hide your belly-button with a high-waist!
- Add a pop of color to an all-black look with a vibrant clutch.
Photos by Preston