The final stop on our Mediterranean cruise was the ancient city of Oylmpia, where the very first Olympic games were held in the 8th century BC. I went with a white maxi dress for a greek goddess effect but was only able to snap one pic because the Greek gods unleashed the skies during our tour and we got soaked! So instead of taking you through the ruins as I planned, I figured I’d share a packing guide. You can click here to see all of the outfits I wore on Jewel of the Seas. But after ten days of sailing and sight-seeing I narrowed it down to must-haves in case you’re planning a cruise of your own.
- Day-to-Night dresses: I got a lot of use out of flowing dresses by going with knee length, midis and maxis I could wear with flats for daytime then dress up with heels and jewelry for dinner back on the ship
- Sweaters & Cardigans: It can get chilly on the ship so I recommend bringing one sweater you can lounge in and a neutral cardigan that you can wear over dresses at night
- Denim Jacket: I love a jean jacket because it easily stuffs in your bag without wrinkling!
- Bathing Suit: (for obvious reasons)
- White & Regular Jeans: I adore the look of white jeans on a ship (such a nautical feel!). It’s also nice to have a pair of blue denim with you in case you tour a city before you embark
- Cotton Basics: Bring a few tees and tanks. I like to stick to one color family so I can mix and match. They have laundry on the cruise so you don’t need to bring too many.
- Espadrilles: I lived in my three pairs (a slip-on, lace-ups and flatforms).
- Wedges: I only wore heels once so I definitely could have left them at home. A wedge is much easier to walk in at night on the ship.
- Sneakers: I brought a few but ended up wearing my white leather ones the most. They go with everything!
- Thongs: You’ll want something easy to slip on when you run downstairs for coffee in the morning or down the hall to visit the spa.
- Backpack: A backpack is a must (mine was a gift when I got accepted to my college!). When you’re out all day exploring it makes it so easy to bring along a jacket and to store souvenirs.
- Cross-body Bag: I got a lot of use out of my white cross-body (now on sale!). It’s nice to have something small enough to keep your phone and wallet handy at all times.
- Sunnies: (obviously)
- Watch: Your phone doesn’t always automatically update when you’re at sea. So it’s helpful to have a cute watch to make sure you’re always on time.
- An expandable carry-on: I always bring this bag with me on trips (it comes in lots of colors!). It goes zippered and comes back unzipped full of treasures I find during my travels.
Dress: Michael Meyer (borrowed from Krystal)
Sunnies: Perverse & Ray-Ban
Backpack: Louis Vuitton
Watch: Charming Charlie
Bracelets: Henri Bendel
Shoes: Sole Society
Nails: OPI “Tiramasu for Two”
three outfits below: deets here
Thank you Royal Caribbean for such an incredible experience! Not only did I have the most incredible adventures I also made wonderful friends. Check out their sites for more from the cruise: