I’ve been getting so many requests about a closet tour. The reason I’ve been lagging is my closet is a mess. So I decided to get a head start on spring cleaning with a closet cleanse. I figured it was a good preview to my upcoming closet tour and a way to share my tips about how you can make money while getting organized. I hope you like the video!
Tips for What To Toss & Keep
- Look for multiples: If you have a bunch of tops in one color try to think about which ones you’re really going to wear and get rid of the rest.
- Part with your skinny jeans: Instead of stressing over dieting, get rid of those jeans you’re hoping to fit into one day. Instead, embrace your body for what it is. You’ll feel a lot better about yourself!
- Say goodby to very loved items: If something has pulls or tears from wearing it too many times it’s time to let it go.
Tips for Selling Online
- Photograph on a clean background.
- Show details of items.
- Take a photo of yourself in the clothing.
- Where I sell: Poshmark
Tips for Selling In Store
- Make sure everything is clean and folded.
- If you don’t want to wait, many stores like Crossroads, offer drop-offs! Simply drop off all your items and they’ll donate whatever they can’t sell.
- Think seasonal. Most places are selling the current season so for example, while we’re in spring, only drop off spring-ready items.
- Where I sell: Crossroads & Wasteland
Tips for Donations
- Get a tax receipt after donating and make sure to include when you’re doing your year-end taxes for a deduction.
- Many places will schedule a pick up for you so you don’t have to lug around bags in your car!
- Where to schedule: Salvation Army & Purple Heart
Also, I just wanted to let you guys know, a lot of my pieces have been gifted to showcase on my blog. Whenever I sell an item that I didn’t buy I always donate to my favorite charity. It’s Best Friends Animal Society if you want to check it out!