Happy Mother’s Day! I’m in San Diego celebrating with my mom. Instead of a fancy brunch she wanted to have a pizza party at home with the dogs. How fun is that?
My mom is my best friend in the world.
We didn’t always have a bestie relationship. I was a handful as a teenager and my poor mother had a lot to deal with (see #8 in this video for a laugh!). Let’s just say there were more screaming matches than I can remember. But once I left for college I finally grew up and realized my mom is a truly remarkable woman. For the past decade we talk at least once a day!
Through good times and bad, she’s taught me so many life lessons. So in honor of Mother’s Day, I wanted to share ten lessons I learned from my mom. I also found a bunch of fun photos when I was in Florida for my birthday so I just had to show you her fabulous hairstyles throughout the years!
1. Always believe in your dreams.
2. Reward yourself for everything, no matter how big or small.
3. True love can be found at any age.
4. Dogs just make everything better.
5. Hard work pays off.
6. It’s never too late to rebuild lost relationships.
7. Never underestimate the power of a written note.
8. Nothing good comes from a bad attitude.
9. Wait before sending a text or email when you’re angry.
10. Don’t let anyone ever dull your sparkle.
Happy Mother’s Day!