I’m so excited to share my trip to Jackson, Wyoming. I went with my mom and a group of influencers for three days in the mountains. We did everything from rock climbing to a safari, where we saw a momma Grizzly bear cross the road with her two bear cubs! In today’s post, I wanted to share where to stay and what to wear for a Jackson Hole summer vacation.
Where to Stay
I was invited to Wyoming by Mountain Modern Motel. I’ll admit, I was initially hesitant when I read the name “motel.” But I’m sure glad I didn’t let the name dissuade me. Mountain Modern Motel was designed to be a basecamp when you visit Jackson, Wyoming. It has the conveniences of a motel (you can drive up to your room and there is an open floor plan). But the aesthetic and customer service in on par with the hotels I usually frequent. Here are the highlights of my stay:
- Location: It was so great being able to just walk into town. There were the cutest brunch spots and adorable boutiques.
- Design: The motel was just renovated so everything is fresh and modern. I loved the red, white and black decor (you can even buy the cute plaid blanket that comes in the rooms!).
- Customer Service: Everyone who works there is incredibly sweet and always ready to help you whether you need advice on where to go or simply want to refresh the coffee in your room.
Use promo code SYDNE to get 30% off your stay through July 31.
What to Pack For Summer
Let me preface this by saying I’m not a mountains girl. Being a Pisces, I’ve always felt more comfortable by the beach. While some of the clothing I brought was appropriate, there are definitely pieces I wish I would have packed. So this list is a combination of what I brought and what I learned would have been helpful to bring:
- Layers: The weather can change drastically. One minute you’re fine in a t-shirt, the next you need a jacket. Layers are key for visiting Jackson. Bring lightweight layers you can easily stuff in your backpack or tie around your waist.
- Jackets: A denim jacket or military jacket is great for both day and night (Jackson is a very laid-back town). I’d also suggest bringing a rain jacket or a poncho you can carry around with you.
- Jeans: I lived in my denim every day. Skip the white jeans and instead go for blue and black.
- Easy dresses: Jeans are perfectly acceptable at night. But if you’re like me and like to dress up, I suggest maxi and midi dresses (skip the minis since it can get a bit windy). My polka dot dress is on sale for only $23!
- Hiking Boots: I wish I bought a pair of hiking boots before I left. While my sneakers were fine, I would have preferred to have my ankles covered since there can be bugs on the trails.
- Comfy Shoes: I was super excited to get to wear my cowboy boots. I bought them in Dallas ages ago. They’re incredibly comfortable so I wore them on safari and walking around town. But any comfortable shoes you have will work.
- Booties: At night I either wore booties with a small heel or my cowboy boots. You really don’t need to pack any heels. It got cooler at night so I preferred a close-toe shoe over sandals.
- Hats: I brought two hats with me: a black straw hat and a red hat. I really didn’t need to bring any since they had the cutest hats in town! Instead of packing one, I suggest picking up an authentic hat when you visit.
- Backpack: I carried my backpack everywhere. Whether you go for coated canvas or nylon, just make sure it’s a backpack that is water resistant since it can often rain during the day.
- Scarves & Bandanas: Lightweight scarves and bandanas help with layering when it gets cool. If you need some inspiration on how to tie a bandana check out this video!
I hope this travel guide helps you if you’re planning a trip to Jackson, Wyoming! These are just some of the photos I took during my stay. I’ll have more posts coming up soon. I also shot a travel vlog showing what to do in Jackson that I’ll be publishing next week. So make sure to subscribe to YouTube channel to see it first!