In the ’80s, dressing for work was a no-brainer. You threw on a power suit, some clip-on earrings, a pair of pumps and you were good to go. But these days, loose office dress codes leave women lost. Is it okay to wear jeans for a business casual environment? Or can you only wear denim on Casual Fridays? What does Casual Friday really mean, anyway? These are the questions that get answered on Workchic.com. The website helps women learn how to dress for the office with suggested outfits, fit guidelines, tips and tricks. So I thought, Who better to show off chic, professional looks then the site’s co-founders, Melissa McGraw and Jennifer Gregory? Here’s what they came up with…
A couple of months ago Melissa and I realized we had both purchased the same top from Banana Republic. Since we know this happens often in offices, we thought it would be interesting to see how many looks we could each put together with this blouse. Hopefully, this will show how different you really can style your clothes even when you and a coworker frequently shop in the same stores.
On Jennifer …
1. Casual: Express jeans, The Limited sweater, Banana Republic shoes, vintage bracelet
2. Business: The Limited suit, Liz Claiborne shoes, vintage brooch
3. Business Casual: J. Crew pants, Esprit belt, Nine West shoes
4. Casual: Joes Jeans, Forever 21 bracelet, Seychelles shoes
5. Business Casual: Zara jacket, Modern Vintage heels, Monserrat De Luca handbag, Gap pants
6. Business Casual: Zara skirt, Zara blazer, Monserrat De Luca handbag, Modern Vintage heels, Forever 21 bracelet, Anthropologie belt
Are you a blogger interested in doing a 1 Item, Different Looks guest post? Just fill out this form.