I used to be anti denim leggings. I’m not a legging person to begin with so I couldn’t imagine they could look better than a pair of skinny jeans. But when I slipped-or rather tugged-on Charley 5.0’s Denim Leggings ($165) it all made sense. Since there are no zippers, you can wear tight shirts without showing a bulge. And somehow, the material sucks you in like shapewear (these are not a garment that you want to buy big).
Granted, I’d never, ever, ever wear my denim leggings as pants, but as long as the majority of my butt is covered up, the super skinny style is the perfect contrast for all the lonely tunics hanging in my closet. If you can’t afford Charley 5.0’s, try these from Forever 21 for pretty much the exact same look at only 12 bucks!
1. Theory blazer, Forever 21 tee, lia sophia necklace, MICHAEL Michael Kors Berkley sandals
2. Rebecca Taylor top, Jimmy Choo sandals, bangles from a little Indian store in London
3. Forever 21 polka dot top, Forever 21 cardigan, London Sole ballet flats, assorted silver and diamond jewelry
4. Ralph Lauren Rugby button-down, Burberry sneakers, ESQ watch, vintage ring
5. Tjana shirt, vintage scarf, Hogan boots
6. Lane Bryant top, Urban Outfitters locket necklace, lia sophia bangles, Jeffrey Campbell boots
Can you guess who wore the same denim leggings on the set of Gossip Girl?
Vanessa Abrams (Jessica Szohr)