This is the first outfit of the ttF Fashion Staples Series. For the next 31 days, I will incorporate at least one of the above staples into my daily ensembles. At the end of the month, I will have worn each staple at least six times. Stay tuned!
1. Embellished Cardigan (J. Crew) — Mine is sold out but the gray version is currently on sale ($168 $99.99).
2. Silk Blouse (Banana Republic) — I found this top ages ago and wear it every single year. The store’s most recent version has a feminine ribbon detail ($69.50).
3. Reversible Belt (Target) — I bought this belt in the boy’s section of Target for about 8 bucks. You can probably find one in your local store. If not, this Levi’s belt ($14 $9.80) is equally inexpensive.
4. Men’s Watch (ESQ) — My accessory is extra special because it used to be grandfather’s. If you don’t have an heirloom piece in your family, this Seiko Watch($254) has a vintage feel.
5. Dark Skinny Jeans (Forever 21) — I love designer denim as much as the next girl. But for under $25, Forever 21’s jeans are hard to resist. The only problem is they all fit so differently. If you order them online, make sure to get duplicates in multiple sizes.
6. Tan Flat Boots (Stuart Weitzman) — These shoes were a Christmas present from my mother. She originally wanted them for herself but they only had my size left. Lucky me! Try Steve Madden’s Immense Boots ($199.95) for a similar look. And make sure to enter SMFREESHIP at checkout for free shipping.