As The Budget Babe, Dianna Baros dishes about the latest steals, deals and how to get celebrity looks for less. And Dianna practices what she preaches. For the past two seasons, I’ve attended fashion shows with the blonde blogger and she’s always dressed to the nines without spending the big bucks. Since we don’t get to see her personal style too much on her blog, I was thrilled Dianna sent me an extra three looks to share on ThinkThruFashion…
The Staple: White Button-Down Shirt (see 6 more ways to wear the staple in the August 2010 ttF Fashion Staples Series!)
Who Makes It: GAP
Why I Chose It: A gauzy white shirt is a summer wardrobe essential. You can tuck it in, wear it out, roll the sleeves, dress it up or down—anything really!
Where I’d Wear It:
1. I love the look of a white top, dark skinny jeans and a tailored khaki trench. The jacket kinda pulls everything together.
2. For a fun, daytime party look, I’ll tuck my white shirt into a bright floral skirt. This shirt looks great with a mid-length skirt as well, it’s so versatile!
3. I’ll toss on my relaxed white shirt with some cargos, tan leather accessories and a long necklace for a casual boho vibe. Easy and comfy!
4. My white button down goes great with this season’s wider leg jeans and wedges. It’s a classic combo that never fails.
5. Sometimes I’ll wear white head-to-toe in slightly mismatched hues, it’s kinda my summer “suit.” It’s chic yet totally laid back.
6. When I’m feeling a bit more adventurous, I’ll reach for my faux leather pants. The white shirt keeps things demure and not overly edgy.