I’m turning 33 tomorrow and my main goal is to be healthier. I haven’t been doing a good job with my New Year’s resolution to work out at least three times a week but I’m determined at my new age to stick to it! After I work out, I usually stop by Earth Bar for a smoothie. I generally get the Green Detox, which is a delicious blend of kale, pineapple, banana and almond milk. Now that I’m going to working out more, I decided I should just make the smoothie at home to save money. It’s so simple that it’s a no brainer! Here’s all you need:
EASY GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 1 banana
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup almond milk
- Break banana into 2 inch pieces
- Add ingredients to a blender, starting with the kale, then pineapple, banana and finally almond milk
- Blend until smooth
- Freezing versus fresh: I use fresh kale but frozen pineapple so I don’t need ice cubes. You can also use frozen kale.
- The Milk: I prefer classic, unsweetened milk to keep my calories down. But if you want to make the smoothie a bit sweeter, try vanilla almond milk or a sweetened variation.
If you try out this smoothie recipe I’d love to hear what you think!