Working from home, I always find myself sticking my head in the refrigerator looking for something to snack on. So recently I’ve been trying to figure out easy low-fat snacks that I can have on hand when cravings set in. Kale chips have become my new favorite healthy snack. Instead of buying them, I quickly bake them in the oven in the time it takes me to scroll through Instagram.
The pros? Kale chips are a healthier alternative to potato chips. They’re super easy to make. They taste yummy whether you’re vegan, on the whole food diet or simply want a healthy snack. The cons? Well, I’ve only found one: they’re not pretty! I tried photographing my favorite kale chips recipe (it taste almost like fried pickles!) . But after three tries they still looked hideous (but tasted delicious!). So I found four additional kale chip recipes on Pinterest that have a prettier look. Just don’t feel discouraged if yours end up looking non Instagram worthy like mine!
Dill Pickle Kale Chips
- 4 cups washed kale
- 1-2 tsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp juice from jar of pickles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove any stems from kale and tear into chip size pieces
- Marinade kale with all ingredients
- Spread kale evenly (no overlapping!) over parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Bake for about 10 minutes until crispy