A few weeks ago, my friend Jen brought the most delicious spinach artichoke dip to a potluck party. I’ve been trying to reduce my dairy intake so I only had a couple bites before she reveled it was vegan. Creamy and not bad for you?! I devoured half the dish.
I got a few recipe requests after sharing the dip on Insta Stories. So invited Jen over to help me make the party pleaser. Now she’s on Whole30, so we have two options in the ingredients to make it fit any diet you’re doing for 2018.
Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 can of artichokes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup vegenaise *substitue mayo with avocado oil if you’re doing Whole30
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese (we used Parmela Creamery mozzarella nut cheese)
- Salt, pepper and your favorite spices
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Chop up artichokes
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl, adding in a pinch of your favorite spices
- Place in an oven safe baking dish
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bubbling
- Add fun toppings for color and nutritional value. You can sprinkle with nuts or sun-dried tomatoes, which are great for your skin!
- Play around with different spices. We used salt, pepper and paprika but you can also add garlic powder, oregano or chili flakes.
- Serve with colorful foods to dip. If you’re on Whole30 go for lots of veggies. Or if you’re open to carbs, bring in some low-fat pita chips or beet chips (the red circles we used).
If you make this dish let me know how it goes!