I love when you try a product and notice instant results. That’s how I felt after one use in the shower with Hair Food Sulfate Free Color Protect collection. I switch up my shampoo and conditioner every now and then depending on my hair needs. I’ve used Hair Food products in the past and since I just colored my hair I was thrilled to try out their color protect collection.
The collection protects color while offering hydration. It’s free of sulfates, parabens, gluten, mineral oil and dyes. And it left my hair insanely soft! I was amazed after blow-drying. It literally felt like a doll’s hair. I even made my friend feel it and she couldn’t believe it!
The natural shampoo and conditioner also smells delicious. It’s a blend of white nectarines and pear. And it inspired me to switch up the ingredients of my daily salads, adding a healthy touch of sweetness.
I played around with different ingredients for texture and health benefits and here’s what I came up with. Instead of supplying an exact recipe, I’m just listing ingredients, which you can adjust depending on if you want to make a dinner salad or a side salad. I ate variations of the salad twice this week. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Fruit and nut salad
- Start with a bed of lettuce (I used large pieces of butter lettuce for pretty plating)
- Chop up pears or white nectarines, depending on what is in season. Both fruits help boost the immune system, thanks to their high amount of vitamin C and minerals
- Chop of jicama for a bit of crunch
- Sprinkle in walnuts for added crunch and a dose of omega 3
- Top with dried fruit for fiber (I went with cranberries to compliment the pear, but for white nectarines, I plan to use dried cherries)
- Dress with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.
I added a little goat cheese for creaminess one night. But it was honestly just as delicious dairy free the next day. And it felt good to know I was being nourished from the inside out!
Photos by Michelle Kyle
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hair Food. The opinions and text are all mine.