March 4, 2021

The Modern Rachel Haircut

Sydne Style shows the modern rachel haircut for 2021 with long layers

With everything ’90s and early 2000s making a major comeback, it’s not surprising we’re seeing a resurgence of one the most popular haircuts of that era: the Rachel. Made famous by Jennifer Aniston’s character in Friends, the Rachel was a haircut that so many women tried to emulate. And they’re back to copying it today…. well sort of.

When I got my most recent haircut, I was debating curtain bangs. The long layered bangs have been all over Instagram and celebrities and I thought it would be a fun way to switch things up. But my hairstylist, Andrew Daum Chung at Kim Vo Salon, suggested quasi curtain bangs. “The main thing is about knowing the land before you cut the grass,” he says. Translation? You need to do what works for you.

This is with any trend, whether it’s hair, makeup or fashion. It’s great to get inspired by the trends but ultimately it comes down to what makes you feel the best. Even though Gen Z says it’s cooler to part your hair in the middle, I feel prettier with my hair parted to the side. That’s why instead of curtain bangs, Andrew did long layers to achieve a similar look. He cut the layers to my chin to achieve body and soften my forehead without actual bangs. The result? What I like to call the modern Rachel haircut.

Here are some fab ladies who have rocked the modern Rachel haircut, or Rachel 2.0 hairstyle. And if you want to get on the long layers bandwagon, too, I’ve included the styling tools I’ve been using to dry my new hairstyle…

Chrissy Tiegen I Selena Gomez I Hailey Beiber

Sydne Style shows how to style the modern rachel haircut for 2021
Sydne Style wears sage green dress with cardigan for spring outfit ideas
PHOTOS BY MUNOPIA

1. Nikki commented:

I’m here for this haircut! It looks absolutely amazing! I’ve always been obsessed with Rachel’s looks so this is my favorite thing ever! You should recreate some of her looks from the series!

Published 3.8.21 Reply
    • Sydne commented:

Thank you so much! That would be so fun!

Published 3.30.21 Reply
  2. linda goddard commented:

nothing like a Rachel cut.

Published 4.13.21 Reply
  3. Joyce commented:

Is the Rachel haircut really in for Spring if 2021 or this year ? Thanks Ms. Faw

Published 6.1.21 Reply
  4. reshine hair commented:

do you have any advices for long curly hair?

Published 7.28.21 Reply
  5. Emma commented:

Your haircut is very suitable for you. Only proper care, balanced nutrition and professional tools will make your hair look really luxurious. During the pandemic, many beauty salons were closed and it became impossible to sign up for a haircut. These tools https://www.japanscissors.com.au/ have helped me a lot in that time, I think they should be in everyone’s house

Published 8.5.21 Reply
  6. Veronika commented:

I like the result! The best option to quickly put yourself in order is to sign up with a professional. I have found a good specialist in this salon https://mybeautysaloncs.com/ for a long time. A great opportunity to please yourself with a good styling with or without a reason.

Published 3.7.22 Reply
  7. Miracle Face commented:

This haircut is everthing!

Published 5.22.22 Reply
  8. Jess commented:

“You need to do what works for you”. I agree with that. I wanted to do a Bob haircut for the summer, but I have curly hair and it will be not so good to use a hair straightener every day. Friends said that I should check medium length hairstyles and some I have found at https://glaminati.com/medium-length-hairstyles-long-thick-hair/ . Now I have got a haircut and I almost don’t use a straightener, because my hairstyle looks nice even with curly hair!

Published 6.22.22 Reply
  9. Emma Rossella commented:

Great results as always, you look amazing. I also want to achieve a good result and naturalness with the hair. I often look at photos of highlights on dark hair and I want to get this result. Probably worth going to a beauty salon

Published 9.20.22 Reply
    • Alex Mills commented:

You definitely heard that Ukrainian women are the most beautiful in the world. Also you probably know at least one construction worker who is associated with Ukraine. What you don’t know is that Ukrainian IT specialists are some of the most talented in the world. Our company experts tried to combine these three things and it is how the story of UBrothers Construction began.

Their unique European vision of beauty multiplied by construction skills and feeling that new digital era is already here are things that forced two Brothers from Ukraine to establish UBrothers Construction in 2014. You could say that they are very young in this industry. And they wouldn’t argue against this because it forces them to work harder and better than their competitors who are in business for 10-20-30 years.

They started working in home remodeling in 2007 and since that time they learned enough mistakes to say: We know what we do.
      UBrothersConstruction is the home renovation family-run business founded in 2014 by two brothers from Ukraine. They started their home remodeling career in 2007 and gained enough experience to launch their own company. They have completed over 1000 successful modern siding Norfolk https://ubrothersconstruction.com/l-siding-norfolk projects, using the newest technologies when working with their customers. Itโ€™s possible to place a free online quote to have your exterior home remodeling project assessed by professional masters and make the unbiased decision regarding the best solution.

Published 1.25.23 Reply