July 9, 2012

DIY: Pearl iPhone Case

The other week I fell in love with my friend Jenny’s Natasha Couture iPhone case she bought at Nordstrom. I was planning to order it online but one afternoon I got hit by the crafty bug and decided to do a little DIY. Here’s how I created my own:
1. Paint an old iPhone case with white fabric paint (I tried using white out at first. It just peeled off in a week).
2. Cut the backs off pearl clip-on earrings. Mine are from Forever 21 (similar).
3. Decide where you want to place the earrings and secure it with E-6000.
4. Cut a faux pearl necklace and start applying the beads with E-6000. I ended up removing them from the sides because it made the case too big.
5. Add some rhinestones from broken jewelry as filler in the pearls.

And there you have it! Your very own customized pearl case. It’s a little heavy but I keep getting a ton of compliments. And when I need something lighter, I’ll be rocking my rose gold chrome Incase from Shopbop.

What is your iPhone case du jour? Tweet me a pic to @sydnesummer so I can see and share!

1. Lela commented:

That is stunning. I think I need to pimp out my Blackberry case!

xo,
    Lela
    Enter to WIN my Havaianas SHOE Competition!

Published 7.9.12 Reply
  2. Pamela commented:

Sydne as always you showcase wonderful stuff. I was already heading to Michael’s to DIY a necklace and I saw your phone case & my heart started racing. LOL. My iphone case is white already, so now I’m off to jewel it up!

Published 7.9.12 Reply
  3. Bettina commented:

Love this phone case, totally had to pin this one!

Published 7.9.12 Reply
  4. Dianna commented:

Love this!

Published 7.11.12 Reply
  5. This is so nice, does not look like a DIY! Definitely my next project…thanks for sharing!

Raj

here

here

Published 7.9.14 Reply
  8. meleğin günlüğü commented:
    Published 2.23.15 Reply
  9. Mary Goez commented:

information that is very valuable to me ! good luck and verygood website دانلود فيلتر شکن

Published 5.21.15 Reply