I recently helped out with a promotional shoot for Kmart and was given a few pieces as a thank you. This painterly plaid skirt by Attention ($19.99 $2.99) is sold out online but you might be able to find it in your local store. I’ve styled it six different ways to show how to mix mass retail fashion—even something that’s only 3 bucks!—with designer labels and vintage finds.
1. I would have preferred this look with gray pumps but I still can’t find a pair that I love as much as the YSL Nicoles from last season that didn’t fit me (It was incredibly disappointing since they were 70% off at Saks). So I’ve made due with brown heels.
Forever 21 cardigan, Forever 21 belt, vintage beads, American Apparel tights, Stuart Weitzman pumps
2. The Attention skirt sits too low to wear with a waist belt. So I’ve layered it underneath to make it look like a lively hem.
BCBG sweater, Forever 21 belt, my grandmother’s black pearls, Tart skirt, Calvin Klein pumps.
3. Since the skirt is a little too big on me, I’m able to wear it as a dress. But without a cardigan I just look like I’m wearing sack.
Gap cardigan, Urban Outfitters necklace, lia sophia gold bangles, chunky bangles I got at a London flea market, Steve Madden sandals
4. It’s a little schoolgirl, but I got a slew of compliments when I wore this outfit to the opening of Space 15 Twenty.
Ya-Ya sweater, turquoise and silver necklace from Mexico, Sigerson Morrison boots
5. Here I’m wearing the skirt as a dress again. But by tucking a blouse into a thick belt, it looks like I’m just wearing a flouncy mini.
Romeo & Juliet blouse, Bebe belt, assorted silver bangles from Mexico, Chinese Laundry tights, Hogan boots
6. This is one of my favorite sweaters. So I try to get as much use out of it as possible.
Rebecca Beeson sweater, Cole Haan boots
My favorite outfit is number five. When I wear it I feel like a mix between Blair Waldorf and Serena van der Woodsen circa Gossip Girl season one.
Love how you styled all of these! Very, very cool 🙂
Would be nice if the photos were brighter so the details could be seen. What good is the work of putting together the outfits if 3 of them look like dark blobs of some type of fabric?
Sorry you’re having trouble viewing the pictures. Have you tried making your screen brighter? I haven’t had this complaint yet so I’m not sure which photos are too dark for you.