In past years, I’ve strictly worn flared styles when it comes to white denim: my AG Angel bootcuts with heels for night and my Paper Denim & Cloth Jayne wide legs with flats for day. But this summer, I’ve decided to give skinny white jeans a try. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be comfortable in light colored skinnies (they’re not as forgiving as darker washes) so I bought an inexpensive pair. I’m now obsessed with my über comfortable Forever 21 Pyramid Stud Skinny Jean. I plan on wearing them non-stop over the next few months so I’ve created looks to cover eight different summer activities.
1. Night on the town: Toughen up white denim with a leather jacket and edgy footwear.
BCBG leather jacket, Forever 21 lace cami, Manolo Blahnik gladiator sandals, assorted silver and black bracelets
2. Traveling: A cozy boyfriend cardigan, stretchy white jeans and flats will keep you comfy and chic on trains, planes and automobiles.
Forever 21 cardigan, Gap tank, Burberry sneakers
3. Clambake: For an All-American look, tuck a striped button-down into white denim and complete the outfit with a pair of wedges.
Banana Republic button-down, Carrera sunglasses, Calvin Klein belt, bangle from London flea market, Banana Republic espadrilles
4. Resort cocktails: Go bright when you’re on vacay. A printed top and fluorescent shoes livens up white jeans. And don’t forget a cardigan for those breezy summer nights by the sea.
Diane von Furstenberg top, Victoria’s Secret cardigan, Manolo Blahnik neon sandals, grandmother’s pearl bracelet
5. Shopping: Stay cool in your denim by layering a thin cami under a sheer top.
Forever 21 chiffon blouse, Wet Seal cami, Classified bejeweled sandals, Tiffanys bangles
6. Work: An embellished jacket and pumps dresses up white jeans.
Rebecca Taylor jacket, Michael Stars t-shirt, Stuart Weitzman pumps
7. Dinner: For nighttime sparkle, style your white denim with metallics and texture.
Exit shops knit tank, lia Sophia bracelet, Manolo Blahnik brocade d’Orsays
8. Beach BBQ: Throw on a bikini, roll up your white jeans and go for a laid-back 70s vibe with a tie-dye tank, hippie sandals and colorful shades.
S-Twelve tank, Victoria’s Secret bikini, Forever 21 wayfarers, lia sophia cuff, sandals from an Ojai flea market