*This post is sponsored by CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY™, which compensated me to create the content you’ll find below.*
I was so excited to close fashion week with FALLON’s first-ever show. As the official CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY™ Runway Hair Trend Report correspondent, I was able to go backstage to get hair tips and an up-close look at the collection. The inspiration behind the hair was a good girl gone bad. The bed-head waves had a touch of Madison Avenue sophistication. I usually do more of a beachy wave. But I definitely want to try this edgier look (the trick is in the teasing!). Another look on my must-try list? Hairy jewelry! Check out how CLEAR celebrity hair stylist Jen Atkin used the Fallon jewelry as hair accessories in the video above. Then, keep reading for her details on how Jen created the runway hairstyle.
And don’t forget to enter the sweepstakes! You can enter for a chance to win CLEAR hair products and FALLON jewelry! Here’s the link for the complete the entry form: http://bit.ly/18P7Jov.
Get the Look
- To get the strong, beautiful hair needed for this look, start with the right foundation. Wash hair with CLEAR Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Damage & Color Repair Shampoo and deep condition with the Damage & Color Repair Treatment Mask for strong, beautiful hair that can hold any style.
- Spray hair with a texturizing spray throughout the full head to create texture and volume.
- Take a rat tail comb to create a center part.
- Using your fingers, blow-dry hair. If needed, twist hair into two inch sections while drying to add body and movement. Once hair is fully dry, brush through with a boar bristle brush. Lightly spray each section with hairspray.
- Add waves to hair using a one and a half inch curling iron. Work with one inch sections starting roughly two inches below the root. Leave the ends of hair out. Spray with a veil of hairspray and gently brush through with a boar bristle brush.
- Smooth flyaways.
- Finish the look by backcombing hair from mid-shaft to ends with a boar bristle brush to add volume and bounce. If needed use a bobby pin to keep bangs or flyaways down.
CLEAR Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Products
- CLEAR Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Damage & Color Repair Shampoo – for damaged & colored hair, $6
- CLEAR Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Damage & Color Repair Treatment Mask – for up to 95% more damage resistant hair in 3 minutes*, $5
*CLEAR Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy products are available at mass market retailers nationwide.
And here are some of my fave pics I snapped from backstage! For more hair inspiration, head over to pinterest.com/clearhaircare/clearhairtrendreport.