When it comes to festive New Year’s Eve outfits, nail art is an easy way to add an extra dose of sparkle. Of course, there are salons that deliver extreme designs. But I prefer to spend my money on my dress and DIY my mani. And creating nail art at home is even more fun when the nail polish is free!
When you buy three U by Kotex products at Target, you get free Sally Hansen Salon Manicure nail polish. I’ve used some of my favorite shades to create three designs to ring in the New Year. Cheers to 2014!
Bright & Bold
1. Paint half of each nail with Kook a Mango
2. Paint the other half with Back to the Fuchsia
3. Let dry completely
4. Add a gold stripe down the middle
* You don’t need the gold stripe but I thought it made the mani more festive. Plus, it allows you not be so exact with your colorblock painting.
1. Paint nails with Arm Candy
2. Let dry
3. Use a silver nail pen or small brush to create stars on the ring finger and to write out 2014
* This shade is super sheer so I used three coats.
Into the Blue
1. Paint nails with Black and Blue
2. Let dry
3. Add three coats of Mermaid’s Tale to your accent nail
*The great part about this shimmer polish is it will pick up the colors of whatever you’re wearing!
What type of manicure are you planning to rock on NYE? See my final look by following me on Instagram at @sydnesummer
– Offer available in all Target stores 12/29/13-2/22/14 –
*Brought to you by U by Kotex and Style Coalition.