One of my top daily reads is the Glitter Guide. They always have the most inspirational features that just make you want to sparkle. So I was beyond thrilled when they asked me to come up a New Year’s Eve Styling Session. I chose this sequin skirt from Express ($69.90) because a) I fell in love with it the minute it came down the runway 2) it looks way more expensive than it is and 3) you can never go wrong with sequins on NYE! See how I styled it over on the Glitter Guide, and check out where to buy the pieces below!
– CLASSIC –
Coat: Juicy Couture / Shirt: Ann Taylor / Skirt: Express / Clutch: JustFab / Necklace: Stella & Dot / Ring: Gorjana / Pumps: Christian Louboutin
– Contrast a sparkly bottom with a crispy white shirt. Just make sure to iron or steam it before you leave for your party!
– Make a black and white outfit pop with a statement red bag and matching lip.
– A leopard coat injects a fun factor to a classic look. Drape it over your shoulders as you walk through the door.
– FUNKY –
Sweater: Aqua / Skirt: Express / Necklace: Stella & Dot Necklace / Clutch: Lauren Merkin / Pumps: Shoedazzle
– Choose a playful sweater with an animal motif or graphic saying. It keeps you warm and is a great conversation starter.
– Play with unexpected color combos. Pink and green adds a surprise factor!
– Always add a statement necklace for extra sparkle.
– FLIRTY –
Top: Express / Skirt: Express / Jewelry: lia sophia / Clutch: Banana Republic / Sandals: Steve Madden
– A skirt and matching top is a great alternative to a dress for New Year’s Eve
– When wearing a crop top, only a slip of skin should show. And make sure to hide your belly-button with a high-waist!
– Add a pop of color to an all-black look with a vibrant clutch.
Photos by Preston
I just ordered that skirt less than a week ago, you are making me feel so glad I did, thanks for all the inspiration, you look so stunning! These are all fabulous looks for NYE no matter where you live or will spend it, they are so glam!
Thanks! Hope you love the skirt 🙂
You really love your glitter – and I love seeing how you create so many outfits with the same items sometimes!
Thanks! Yes, you need some glitter to sparkle during the holidays 🙂
Darn, wish I had this skirt for NYE! Wait, I can wear sequins anytime, right? I’m ordering!! 🙂
xoxo- Tiffany of Piper Dixon
Sequins are acceptable any day of the year 😉 xx
Absolutely gorgeous, love all of these pairings, especially the one with the white T!
Thanks! That one’s my fave too 🙂
I have this exact sequin skirt and crop top to wear for my birthday in February! Thanks for sharing new ways to wear it once my party is over. 🙂
What a great birthday outfit! Happy early bday!
How fun! Happy early birthday!