Traveling during the holiday season can be rough. Often, you have to rush straight from the airport to a festive event. So I like to wear something on the plane that keeps me cozy but is still chic enough to greet friends and family in style. My trick is going all black and playing with different textures. Mixing lace, faux fur, leather and suede brings a glam feel to any look. Here’s a formula for an effortlessly chic plane to holiday party outfit:
- Lace top: I love lace because it’s a holiday-ready material that doesn’t wrinkle!
- Fuzzy vest: Faux fur gives an instant luxe finish. I use my vest as a pillow on my flight then add a brooch when I land for a touch of sparkle.
- Skinny black jeans: There are so many jeans right now that have a ton of stretch, making them just as comfortable as leggings!
- Black booties: A bootie allows you to walk through the airport with ease but still kick up your feet in style when you arrive at your event. I went with the Lolla boot from SOREL. I love the stacked heel and hardware details. They also have a fun lace-up bootie with a metallic sheen. Or, if you prefer flats, I like these mixed material ankle booties.
- Chain bag: A small chain bag easily fits in a handheld carry-on and adds a metallic accent, which limits your need for additional jewelry.
I hope this outfit idea helps you when you embark on your holiday travel! I’m off to Australia this weekend so stay tuned for updates from down under.
Photos by Michelle Kyle
Shop more Fab Booties for the Season
*Thank you to SOREL and ShopStyle for partnering on this post.