This recipe is so simple that I thought it was almost too simple to share. But considering I eat this salad on a weekly basis, I just had to include it in my Sunday Bites & Sips. It’s such a delicious salad that works just as well with a side salad as it does with added protein for a full meal.
SIMPLE ARUGULA & ARTICHOKE SALAD
- 5 oz arugla
- 5-6 marinated artichoke quarters
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Add lettuce to a bowl
- Cut artichoke pieces in half
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Add olive oil
- Mix in parmesan and cheese and sprinkle some extra on top for presentation
- Wait to dress the salad until you’re ready to eat to avoid soggy lettuce.
- This recipe is great for a side salad and combines well with most meats and fish.
- If you want to make it a meal, add chicken to the mix (I often use pre-grilled chicken chunks for a super fast and healthy dinner).
Let me know if you make this salad and love it as much as I do!