Last weekend I was up in Maine for my best friend’s bridal shower. The night before the shower, the bride-to-be decided she wanted her ten bridesmaids to dress in theme. I laughed and said it might be a little last minute for that. But then we thought about what to wear to a bridal shower and texted the bridal party to try to wear floral dresses. Eight out of ten of us had floral dresses and it made for the best photos!
If you’re wondering what should I wear to a bridal shower this summer, a floral dress is a safe bet. Here are a few Dos and Don’ts to remember:
- DO go with a flowy fabric to keep comfy throughout the day.
- DON’T choose anything too loud. You don’t want to take attention away from the bride-to-be.
- DO have fun with colorful prints. They make for cheery photos!
- DON’T wear anything with a low neckline. Save that for the bachelorette.
- DO keep to modest hemlines. I prefer a midi but above the knee also works well.
Shop Floral Dresses
I was planning to wear this floral midi dress I wore in NYC (you may remember it styled with sneakers and a denim jacket over on my Instagram). But one of the bridesmaids had something almost identical!
Luckily I also packed a sunflower wrap dress, which took me from the bridal shower to a night out in York, Maine. Another great part about wearing a print to a bridal shower? It hides any spills. While setting up a few of us got some stains on our dresses but you couldn’t even tell, thanks to the print. It was an all around win!
Photos by Falcon Griffith
Earrings: Kendra Scott
Shoes: Dee Ocleppo