Every year, I do a Pride mani. We could all use a little more love in our lives right now. So this year, I decided to do rainbow hearts for my nail art design. This easy heart nail art is super simple to do! I did a nail tutorial over on my IGTV channel if you want to watch. Or you can follow the steps below…
easy heart Nail art Design
- Start with a light color base. I used Essie “Topless & Barefoot.”
- Let nails dry completely.
- Pick out your favorite bright color nail polishes. You don’t need every color of the rainbow. Any assortment will do.
- Use a nail dotting tool. I like these nail dotting tools because they have two different size ends.
- Dab your nail polish onto a piece of paper.
- Using the larger side of the nail dotting tool, dab two dots next to each other.
- Using the smaller side of the nail dotting tool, dab one dot below the two dots on top.
- Connect the three dots together into a heart shape.
- Wait until polish is fully dry and then seal with a top coat.
I did rainbow in support of Pride. I’m too nervous about covid to join Pride festivities this weekend. So my friends and I are having a small gathering. I can’t wait to show you the rainbow beauty looks we come up with!
That being said, the nail art design works year-round. You can do red or pink (or both!) hearts for Valentine’s day or subtle pastel hearts for any day. Love is one thing we can celebrate 365 days a year.
If nail art scares you, there are plenty of heart nail decals you can use.