Last week, I styled a $3 skirt from Kmart to get six different looks. This week I’m using the other piece I kept from that photo shoot: a faux wrap dress. This particular one isn’t available on Kmart online but the wrap dress is a classic so I’m guessing most of you already own one. (On a side note, I loved Seventeen editor-in-chief Ann Shoket’s pink leopard wrap dress on America’s Next Top Model last night. So cute!). But back to mixing high and low with the Kmart dress at hand….
1. Here’s the dress plain and simple. Nothing added except accessories.
Flying Lizard Design necklace, bracelets I found in a London flea market, Steve Madden sandals
2. By layering underneath you can show off your dress and still keep warm. Just make sure your shirt or sweater has a snug fit.
Tiana long-sleeve shirt, lia sophia necklace, Bebe belt, Robert Clergerie boots
3. Now every time I belt a cardigan over anything I think Michelle Obama.
Forever 21 cardigan, Ann Taylor belt, necklace I found in a London flea market, Tahari sandals
4. I felt inspired by the midi-skirts from Dolce & Gabbana’s Fall 2008 collection (probably since I was wearing shoes from that season).
Theory cardigan, Urban Outfitters necklace, Chinese Laundry knee-socks, Dolce & Gabbana oxfords
5. This English professor look sort-of reminds of a tamer version of Dolce & Gabbana’s fall ads.
Monteau jacket, Sigerson Morrison boots
6. Instead of a blazer, try belting a sweater over a dress for an office chic summer outfit.
Forever 21 sweater, Target belt, Tiffany bracelets, silver bangle from Mexico, Prada pumps
My favorite look is number 3. In fact, I think I’ll wear it to work next week when the weather start to warm up.