There was one summer I’m pretty sure I ate Caprese salad every other day. There is just something so delicious about the simple combination of gooey mozzarella with fresh tomatoes and basil. When browsing Pinterest for some healthy dinner ideas, I came across a Caprese Chicken dish from The Novice Chef. I tweaked a few things, such as substituting mozzarella for my beloved burrata and glazing the balsamic vinegar, and this has now become one of my favorite dinners yet! The best part is aside from the cheese, it’s super healthy, too.
Balsamic Glazed Chicken Caprese
- 2 pints of Cherry or Grape tomatoes halved
- 4 chicken breasts (approximately 1 lb total)
- 2 large balls of burrata
- 10-12 leaves of basil chopped, leaving a few for garnish
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minxed
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook chicken in olive oil for approximately 10 minutes on each side over medium-high heat adding salt and pepper to taste
- While chicken is cooking heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add garlic
- Add halved tomatoes and heat on medium-low for about 5 minutes until they start to brown
- Once tomatoes are soft, add basil and stir for about 1 minute
- Cut burrata in half and put each half on top of chicken breasts
- Add tomato mixture on top of chicken and cover with a lid
- In the pot where you cooked the tomatoes add 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- Add 2 pinches of sugar until the vinegar bubbles for about 1 minute on high heat
- Pour balsamic glaze over chicken and serve
- Serve the chicken with a side salad for a full meal. It pairs great with my simple arugula salad!
- I prefer burrata because it’s extra creamy but you can also use mozzarella for a more traditional Caprese.
- If you have leftovers, add a dash of olive oil when you heat it up the next day to keep the chicken moist.
If you make this dish let me know how it goes!
Plates: Pottery Barn
Nails: Essie Gel Couture “Hold the Position
OMG!!!! I’m trying this!!! Looks so delicious!!! I love your food post:) Thank you!!
Yay! I’m so glad you’re liking them Melody. Let me know how it goes!
Looks delicious 😉 I’m big fan of Italian cooking
How many other interesting, unexplored and delicious places. I always try to try something new by visiting New countries. In the meantime, I’m just ordering the best burgers I know here. https://fasivery.ch/it/restaurant-la-fermata. I think that very soon the situation in the world will improve and it will be possible to continue the journey
Looking delicious, images are also very beautiful. If you also want best alternative for energy drinks then you can try Amino Energy. Amino Energy packed with essential amino acids and other vital nutrients, Amino Energy offers a balanced and sustainable source of energy.