Happy National Lipstick Day! To celebrate, I’m going to be rocking a red lip. Red lipstick works year-round. In warmer months, I love using red lipstick to make a white tee and jeans more glam. And for cooler months, I use red lipstick to brighten an all-black outfit. Another way I love wearing red lipstick? With a matching red dress! Here are the six red lipsticks I currently use:
- MAC “Lady Danger” – This is the lipstick I’m wearing in the photo above. It has a lot of orange to it, which works with my warmer collection. Plus, I always love the smell of MAC lipsticks. It makes me reminisce about high school.
- L’Oreal Paris “Julianne’s Red” – I’ve been using the red carpet collection color for years. I was surprised that the redhead’s shade was my favorite from the line but I like the lighter, warmer color.
- Estée Lauder “Cold Fire” – This lipstick hybrid is super creamy. It glides on easily and is great for adding extra moisture.
- Victoria’s Secret “Tempting” – I usually shy away from lip stains because they tend to dry me out. But this one is super soft and the color lasts so long!
- Laura Mercier “Portofino Red” – I’m a big fan of the line’s crème smooth collection. Like the name says, it’s very smooth and doesn’t bleed upon application.
- Urban Decay “Zealot” – I’m obsessed with the metallic finishes from the Vice collection. The red has a bit of shimmer to it, so you don’t even need to add lipgloss for a night out.