There is nothing more relaxing than a spa night at home. Last year, I partnered with CVS Pharmacy to share my 7 tips for creating a serene pampering evening. Since my apartment is being renovated, I haven’t been able to use my tips. So I called my blogger bestie An to do a girls spa party at her beautiful apartment. This time, we did a trendy twist: all the products we used were from the new K-Beauty collection at CVS Pharmacy.
What is K-Beauty?
In case you’re not familiar, K-Beauty is the Korean beauty trend that’s taken the beauty world by storm. It focuses on result-driven, healthy skincare and cosmetics with adorable, lighthearted packaging. Think pandas, cupcakes, tigers and more!
What Type of K-Beauty is Available at CVS Pharmacy?
CVS Pharmacy wanted to make it easy for consumers to experiment with the trend. So their K-Beauty launch includes tons of offering for every skin type at very affordable prices, ranging from $1.99-$30. They even partnered with Korean beauty expert Alicia Yoon for an exclusive new line called Peach Slices.
What are Some Ideas for a Spa Party at Home?
- Beauty Bar Cart: An gets all the credit for this one. She cleared out her bar cart and made it a spa cart. How genius is that? Instead of wine, we had facial masks, lip glosses, towels, hand cream and all the essential spa products for home.
- Healthy Drinks: Slice up some cucumbers and lemons, throw them in a cold pitcher of water and you instantly have spa water! Drinking healthy let us indulge in macarons as we moisturized and masked.
- Pajama Dress Code: Either invite your friends over in their pjs (slippers welcome!) or provide robes for your girlfriends to change into.
- Create a color scheme: An and I wanted a girlie vibe to go with the playful products. So everything we used to decorate, from the flowers to the snacks, was in blue, pink, yellow and green.
What are the Best K-Beauty Products at CVS Pharmacy?
After playing with endless beauty and skincare products, there were my top K-Beauty home spa picks:
- Holika Holika lip balm ($5.49): This adorable cupcake lip balm doubles as decor. It’s part of a fun skincare line led by Sanrio’s popular egg cartoon character, Gudetama.
- The Saem Zoo Park Masks ($3.99): I’ve always been a sheet masks fan. But one that turns you into a tiger, panda or lamb? Even better! We had so much fun applying these. I also liked the line’s adorable polar bear eye stick.
- Peach Slices Aqua Jelly Lip Mask ($3.99): These fun masks targeted to add moisture to your pout are part of the new line created by one of Korea’s top beauty experts.
- Ariul Stress Relieving Purefull Cleansing Tissue ($2.49): These facial wipes smelled so fresh that I took an extra from our spa cart and now keep them in my car for on-the-go cleaning.
- Elisha Coy Snail Hydrogel Eye Patch ($13.99): I know, snails?! That’s what I thought, too. But it’s a classic Korean ingredient that is said to provide major moisture.
Head over to An’s blog, HautePinkPretty, to check out our video of our girls spa night at home!
Photos by Michelle Kyle
*Thank you to CVS Pharmacy for partnering on this post.