Too nervous about the crowds at the beach this weekend for Labor Day? Me too. That’s why I plan on celebrating the holiday weekend safer at home. Here are 5 ideas of things you can do to celebrate Labor Day Weekend at home this year:
#1 keep cool in the pool
If you have a pool, lucky you! We have a pool in the building but if there are too many people downstairs, I’m not comfortable. That’s why I was so happy to discover Minnidip. They have the cutest inflatable pools. I set up their Pup Dip dog pool on the balcony for Jack Jack and Nugget and we had so much fun splashing around! I especially love it because 100% of the proceeds (yes, 100%!) go to animal charities.
#2 shop the sales
There are a ton of Labor Day Weekend sales happening, so it’s a great to shop. You can do it all online so you don’t have to leave your home. Here are some of my faves LDW sales:
- Sydne Summer – Buy 2 face masks, get 1 free! – use code LABORDAYMASK
- Kendra Scott – 20% off – no coded needed
- Lily Love – 10% off – use code SYDNE10
- Madewell – up to 50% off – use code HIFALL
- Ann Taylor – 50% off site-wide – no code needed
- J. Crew – 40% off – use code BYESUMMER
- Macy’s – up to 60% off – use code WEEKEND
- Jonathan Adler – 20% off – use code SUNSET20
- Bloomingdales – 30% off furniture – no code needed
#3 read a good book
Last weekend, after I dried off from doggie pool time, I sat on my balcony and read an entire book in one sitting. It was absolutely magical. If you need some suggestions on a good read, I have a whole book reviews section that I’m constantly updating. You can sort it by genre, too.
#4 no-bake something yummy
I don’t know about you, but I think it’s too hot to bake. But a no-bake desert? That’s something I can get behind. I found some yummy, easy recipe ideas over on Pinterest:
- Margarita Cheesecake Bites – a cocktail in a desert? Yes please!
- Frozen Strawberry Desert – a delish way to use up your summer berries
- Vegan Cookie Dough Bars – because yum, cookie dough
- Snickerdoodle Donut Holes – for a Paleo, gluten free treat
I hope these ideas helped you if you’re like me and plan on staying safer at home this Labor Day!
Have the best holiday weekend!