I’m so excited to share my Aruba Travel Diary with you! I already gave you a peek into my mind and body detox in the Caribbean. My travel vlog has even more, including everything I wore and where we stayed. In case you’re planning a trip here are my top tips:
What to Wear in Aruba
The biggest lesson I learned when visiting Aruba is that it is incredibly windy! I thought it was just the weekend we were there but nope! After chatting with locals I learned that the island is generally windy all year long. So what does this mean when you’re packing? Be careful of short flirty dresses unless you want to have a Marilyn Monroe moment. Instead, bring….
- Midi and/or maxi dresses
- Kaftans and easy to throw on cover-ups
- Water shoes so you can explore the rocky terrain by the ocean and jump in the water
- Flats and wedges (no heels needed!)
- A baseball hat (as much I loved my fedora it almost flew away too many times)
- Lots of sunscreen
- Workout clothes (so you can visit Island Yoga or practice on the beach!)
- Beach bag
- Cardigan, wrap or lightweight jacket (the restaurants blast their air conditioning at night!)
Where to Stay in Aruba
We stayed with the Philosophy team at Ocean Z Aruba. I could not recommend the resort more. It felt as if you were staying at a posh friend’s luxurious masion, only with all the amenities of a hotel. It’s right across the street from the water and the sandy beaches are a short distance away. I liked that it was separated from the hustle and bustle from town, which felt too touristy for my taste.
The one thing I didn’t get to do in Aruba was see the flamingos. If you stay at The Renaissance it’s free. Otherwise it’s a $100 per person to visit. I guess I’ll just have to go back!
What to Pack for Aruba
Get more vacay ideas in my Travel section!