Before I left for Paris, the biggest question I got was, “What am I going to pack for Paris?”. I shared my packing tips during a dog park chats on my Insta Stories (you can always find them on my highlights reel to catch up). Since I didn’t have time to do a packing video before my trip, I filmed everything I packed as I wore the outfits.
Watch my Paris travel outfit diary on IGTV!
When it comes to what to wear to Paris in May, packing is tricky. Springtime weather in Paris is fickle. One day it might be pouring, the next day the sun will be shining. When I looked at the weather before I left, it said mostly 60s. Of course, that changed when I arrived. Luckily, there was a Zara right next to my hotel so I was able to pick up sweaters and cardigans to layer.
Here is my list of must-haves when packing for Paris in Spring:
- Rain coat – I ordered this beige trench coat right before I left and wore it almost every day. I highly recommend getting one with a hood (mine is removable).
- Scarves – Tying a scarf around your neck or hair instantly makes an outfit look more chic. Plus, they’re super easy to pack!
- Blazer – Aside from a rain coat, the jacket I wore most was my white blazer. You can throw a blazer over a t-shirt and jeans to dress up the casual look and wear blazers over dresses or jumpsuits to dinner.
- Sweaters & Tees – I wish I had packed more sweaters! I picked up thin cardigan sets to layer, which I wore throughout the rest of my trip in Europe. I’d layer thin tees underneath to keep warm.
- Sneakers – Paris is a walking city. Aside from dinners and a fancy lunch, I wore sneakers every single day.
- Jeans – I left my distressed denim back in California and instead brought more classic styles to Paris. They’re easier to dress up and down for day to night.
- Bags – Make sure whatever purse you bring closes shut. If you’re visiting any touristy spots, you have to be very careful of getting pick-pocketed. I brought a backpack and a couple of cross body bags (if you watched my Insta Stories, you know I bought a few bags while I was there, too!).
- Dresses – We went to a few fancy restaurants, where I was able to wear dresses and jumpsuits. If you’re not a dress girl, black pants and a nice top are also appropriate.
For Paris outfit inspiration, you can check out my video on everything I wore… and shop all the looks below!
– Day 1 –
Blazer: Ann Taylor I Bag: YSL I Tee: old but similar here I Scarf: Ann Taylor I Jeans: Guess I Sneakers: Lacoste (similar) I Sunnies: Alice + Olivia (similar)
– Day 2 –
Trench: London Fog I Sweater: Minnie Rose I Jeans: Express I Lipstick: MAC “Lady Danger” I Bag: Chanel (similar) I Sneakers: Kenneth Cole
Jumpsuit: Haryln I Barette: Amazon I Lipstick: MAC “Lady Danger” I Sandals: Steve Madden I Clutch: Olga Berg (similar)
– Day 3 –
Sweater blazer: J. Crew I Jeans: L’Agence I Scarf: H&M (similar) I Tee: J. Crew I Earrings: Gorjana I Bag: Chanel (similar) I Sneakers: Kenneth Cole
Top: L’Agence I Jeans: L’Agence I Bag: YSL I Necklace: Amazon I Pumps: Sam Edelman
– Day 4 –
Trench: Harlyn I Scarf: Ann Taylor I Earrings: Gorjana I Sunnies: Longchamp I Belt: Gucci I Sweater: Zara I Jeans: Guess I Backpack: Louis Vuitton (similar) I Sneakers: Lacoste (similar)
– Day 5 –
Cardigan: Zara I Sweater: Zara I Necklace: Amazon I Sunnies: Oliver Peoples I Belt: Gucci I Jeans: Grlfrnd I Bag: Louis Vuitton I Sneakers: Kenneth Cole
– Day 6 –
Dress: Three Floor I Top: Wayf I Blazer: Ann Taylor I Belt: Gucci I Pumps: Sam EdelmanI Bag: YSL I Sneakers: Lacoste (similar) I Jacket: French Connection (similar)